· Area Network deployment and support; and Technical support for network operations.
· Design, development, testing, implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of Polytechnic networks.
· Responsible for the integrity, maintenance and efficiency of the Campus Area Network (CAN).
· Provide Internet Services on campus.
· Maintain servers connected to the network security management.
· Responsible for maintenance of network infrastructures i.e. optic fibers, wireless access points, Ethernet cables, switches, routers etc. in all buildings on Campus.
· Work on the Polytechnic Server /Storage infrastructure deployment and support Local\Wide Area Networks, expand the network and ensure that all relevant offices in the Polytechnic are networked and connected to the internet for academic and administrative purposes.
· Provide operational support and management of networks.
· Undertake procurement, installation and monitor basic maintenance of network equipment.
· Provide training and support for the internet / promoting awareness campaign
· Develop the Data Centre for the Institution
Monitoring and reporting progress and network status to IT Manager