· Responsible for development, management and updating of FPA website, Polytechnic portal, Computer-Based Testing platform and customized FPA Software.
· Responsible for all software used on campus.
· Ensure that the software’s used are appropriate, current and legal as well as free of viruses and other malware.
· Be responsible for installation of fresh software and upgrades on the campus’ computers.
· Contact the software vendors to register complaints where program bugs are identified, as well as receive and install the updates.
· Responsible for instructing members of the Institution in the use of software.
· Develop customized applications and write plugins to existing ones (where applicable). To this end, they should be able to understand the work flow of the Polytechnic, map these to functions and write programs based on them in order to automate the work flow.
· Responsible for developing front ends or interfaces to the Polytechnic’s databases.
· Work with the academic and non-academic staff of the Polytechnic to determine their software needs, as well as identify potential computer software that will be useful for their work. To that end, they need to keep abreast of potential software developments around the world.
· Research and evaluate potential software, as well as advise the IT manager on those that may prove useful on campus.
· Responsible for the design, coding and debugging applications in various software languages.
· Responsible for the software analysis, code analysis, requirements analysis, software review, identification of code metrics, system risk analysis, software reliability analysis. Software modeling and simulation
Front end graphical user interface design.
· Responsible for software testing and quality assurance. Support, maintain and document software functionality. Integrate software with existing systems.
Monitoring and reporting progress and systems status to IT Manager.