Trouble-shooting culture is one of the focal points of the Centre; all troubles will be recorded while solutions are sort for. HMSS Unit is:
· Responsible for the trouble shooting and maintenance of computer systems and accessories within the Polytechnic community
· Responsible for routine maintenance of Polytechnic desktops / laptops / Printers / photocopier repairs and maintenance.
· Set up Polytechnic help desk operations according to industry best practices.
· Establish methodologies to immediately handle system/application problems reported by both staff and students.
· Provide operational support and maintenance of network equipment, computing devices and supervise the provision of intercom services and networks.
· Responsible for the stability of both software and hardware performance in computer systems and accessories by handling various faults in time and maintaining the stable operation of the systems.
· Maintain ICT infrastructure / system uptime and ensuring increased network utilization and optimal network performance as a matter of priority.
· Responsible for the administration, specification and aggregation of the computing needs of Polytechnic departments / units and maintaining documentation on same (i.e. computer laboratories / e-learning centers etc).
Monitoring and reporting progress and status to the IT Manager.