ACADEMIC STRUCTURE & PROGRAMMES
The Polytechnic currently operates Five Faculties known as Schools, while the Directorate of University Degree Affiliation Programme (DUDAP) is in place to accommodate Degree Affiliation Programmes. The Evening Programmes of the Polytechnic are administered through its Continuing Education Centre.
Presently, the five schools with the 29 Academic Departments are structured as follows:
SCHOOL OF AGRICULTURE AND AGRICULTURAL TECHNOLOGY
- Department of Agricultural Technology
- Department of Fisheries
- Department of Horticultural Technology
SCHOOL OF BUSINESS STUDIES
- Department of Accountancy
- Department of Banking & Finance
- Department of Business Administration & Management
- Department of General Studies
- Department of Marketing
- Department of Mass Communication
- Department of Office Technology Management
- Department of Purchasing and Supply
- Department of Taxation
SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY
- Department of Agricultural and Bio-environmental Engineering Technology
- Department of Civil Engineering Technology
- Department of Electrical/Electronic Engineering Technology
- Department of Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Department of Mineral and Petroleum Resources Engineering Technology
SCHOOL OF ENVIRONMENTAL STUDIES
- Department of Architectural Technology
- Department of Building Technology
- Department of Estate Management & Valuation
- Department of Quantity Surveying
- Department of Surveying and Geo-Informatics
- Department of Urban & Regional Planning
SCHOOL OF SCIENCE AND COMPUTER STUDIES
- Department of Art and Industrial Design
- Department of Computer Studies
- Department of Food Technology
- Department of Glass and Ceramic Technology
- Department of Mathematics & Statistics
- Department of Science Laboratory Technology
THE CONTINUING EDUCATION CENTRE (CEC)
The Polytechnic has its Evening Programme administered through the Continuing Education Centre (CEC) which is located a few kilometers away from the Main Campus. The National Diploma (ND) and the Higher National Diploma (HND) Programmes are offered on evening basis at the Centre. The Centre charges Management Fees and other Miscellaneous Fees so as to be self-sustaining.
COLLABORATION WITH OTHER INSTITUTIONS
The Polytechnic is already in affiliation and collaborative partnership with many other local and global Institutions and online Platforms. Bodies to which the Federal Polytechnic, Ado is already linked online include:
(i). Research Gate
(iv). Twitter Account
(v). INVEST Africa
The Polytechnic also has a subsisting Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) as an Institutional Partner in Academic Collaboration with the Aberystwyth University, United Kingdom and its Institute of Biological, Environmental and Rural Sciences (IBERS) Project for the Production of Dwarf Sorghum and Technical Training of relevant Staff. Two other Memorandum of Understanding were also signed in 2020 with the Federal University of Technology, Minna (FUT-Minna) and The Federal Institution of Industrial Research, (FIIRO), Oshodi, Lagos State.
Efforts are also in process to consummate other Memoranda of Understanding (MOUs) with the following Institutions:
(i) African Institute of Science, Administration & Commercial Studies, Togo
(ii) Landmark University, Omu-Aran
(iii) National Centre for Technical Management, NACETEM, OAU
(iv) Jeron Global Consult, South Africa.,
Also the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is on a Pilot Aflasafe-Maize Production Project in conjunction with the Polytechnic, with a beautiful Farm Plantation already established.
The Polytechnic has a strong and working linkage with USAID/Winrock International Farmer-to-Farmer Programme in Collaboration with the Centre for Entrepreneurship Development and Vocational Studies (CEDVS) to provide Technical Assistance for CEDVS Staff. The USAID/Winrock Linkage Platform has carried out several advocacy Training workshops on Campus in conjunction with other supervising Bodies such as the National Board for Technical Education (NBTE).
DIRECTORATE OF UNIVERSITY DEGREES AFFILIATION PROGRAMME (DUDAP)
The Polytechnic has had effective collaboration/affiliation with the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Kumasi-Ghana (KNUST) among other International Educational and Research Agencies .
The Polytechnic, through the DUDAP has entered into Memoranda of Understanding (MOU) for Degree awarding, Post Graduate Diploma and Top-Up Degree Programmes in partnership with the Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba Akoko, (AAUA), Federal University of Technology, Minna (FUT-Minna) and the Federal University, Oye Ekiti (FUOYE).
Memorandum for Understanding for Linkage and Exchange Programme with the Federal Institute of Research (FIIRO), Oshodi, Lagos, while approval has also been secured with the National Business and Technical Examination Board (NABTEB) as a Centre for its Ordinary and Advanced level Examinations among other linkages.