The Rector, Dr. D.H. Oladebeye on behalf of the Governing Council, Academic Board, Management Committee,Staff and Students of the Federal Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti, cordially invites members of the Public to its 17th Combined Convocation Ceremony. The grand finale, as slated for Saturday, 10th August, 2019 is for the award of Diplomas and presentation of prizes to the HND and ND graduating sets of 2013/2014; 2014/2015; 2015/2016; 2016/2017 and 2017/2018 Academic Sessions.
Graduands and the general Public are requested to kindly take note of the following activities, which have been lined up as part of the ceremony:
Day 1 – Friday 2nd August, 2019
Event: Pre Convocation Press Conference to be addressed by the Rector
Venue: Governing Council Chamber.
Day 2 – Monday 5th August, 2019
Event: Commencement of payment for convocation materials by graduating students of the five sets.
Venue: Cash Office in the Bursary.
Day 3 – Tuesday 6th August, 2019
Event: Collection of Convocation Materials Starts at the Schools’ Offices
Venue: Respective School Offices
Day 4 – Thursday 8th August, 2019
Event (1): Campus Facility Tour and Commissioning of projects.
Venue: Project sites
Event (2): Opening of Special Convocation Exhibition
Venue: Sports Complex
Event (3): Convocation Lecture
Topic: Exploring Artificial Intelligence, Robotics and Mechatronics World: The Place of Polytechnics in Entrepreneurial Educational Development in Nigeria
Lecturer: Prof. S.B. Adejuyigbe
Chairman: Prof. OlawumiAjaja (former Rector)
Venue: Conference Hall
Day 5 – Friday 9th August, 2019
Event (1):Pre Convocation rehearsal by the Academic Registry with some Graduating Students
Venue: Sports Complex
Event (2): ALUMNI Variety Day and Lecture
Venue: ALUMNI Centre
Day 6 – Saturday 10th August, 2019
17th Combined Convocation Ceremony- for the Award of Higher National Diploma and National Diploma to the Graduands of 2013/2014, 2014/2015, 2015/2016, 2016/2017 and 2017/2018 Academic Sessions as well as conferment of Honourary Fellowship Awards of the Federal Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti (FFPA) on some distinguished Nigerians.
Venue: Sports Complex
Guests are to be seated by 9.30a.m.
NOTICE TO GRADUANDS
- All Graduands should note that attendance at the Convocation Ceremony is mandatory and it is necessary for Graduands to participate in the academic procession and to wear a complete set of the approved academic outfit.
- All graduands who attend the Convocation Ceremony are to sign the register of attendance upon presentation of their payment receipt in the office of their respective School Officers, while any HND graduand, who fails to attend the Ceremony will pay a fine of Ten thousand naira (N10,000.00) above the normal stipulated Convocation fee as would be seen on the Polytechnic website, www.fedpolyado.edu.ng.
- Academic gowns will be available for collection on “first-come-first served basis” from the relevant School Officers as from Tuesday, 6th to Friday, 9th August, 2019 between 12:00noon and 4:00pm daily on presentation of receipt for the payment of the approved Convocation fee necessary for the collection of Convocation brochure, Scroll and rentage of Academic gown. The Convocation fee is N5,000.00 only.
- The payment is to be made as follows; by visiting www.remita.net.
– On Remita, click Pay FGN and State TSA
– Click FGN: Federal Government of Nigeria
– In the Who Do You Want to Pay box, type/select Federal Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti
– Name of Service/Purpose: Graduation fee
– Description: Payment for Convocation
– GIFMIS Code: 1000060230
- Each graduand will, upon successful online payment, proceed to the Polytechnic Bursary to exchange the RRR print out for official receipt of the Polytechnic.
- Convocation payment receipt will be verified by the respective School Officers before collection of the Convocation materials.
- Gowns should be returned at the close of the Ceremony or latest by Monday, 12th August, 2019 and failure by any graduand to return the gowns on due date will attract a fine of N1,000.00 only per each day of default.
- Any graduand who loses or damages the academic gown would pay surcharge fee of Fifteen thousand, naira (N15,000.00) only as replacement or purchase cost.
- Please note that, non-return of academic gowns will attract non-issuance of students’ Certificates of completion of programmes of study, other sanction or outright denial of other rights due to any Alumnus.
- All graduands are expected to participate in the Convocation rehearsal, which will take place in the Sports Complex on Friday, 9th August, 2019. Also, they are to assemble in front of the Multipurpose Hall at 9.00am on the day of Convocation for procession.
* Graduands and Students’ Union procession are to be set by the entrance of Sports Complex by 9.30a.m.
** All National Youth Service Corps State Secretariats in the Country are requested to kindly release serving graduands for the purpose of attending the ceremony.