Federal Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti Appoints New Deans, Heads of Departments, Others
The Federal Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti has appointed four new Deans of Schools and new Heads for the thirty-six (36) Academic Departments, among other recent appointments in the Institution,.
A statement from the Director of Public Relations, Ade Adeyemi-Adejolu also indicated that a new Director for the Directorate of Personnel and Management Services in the Registry Division of the Institution was similarly appointed along with the recent renewal of the appointments of four other Directors and officers in the Polytechnic.
The newly appointed Deans of Schools and Heads for some of the Department, who had assumed office effective from Friday, 13th January, 2023 includes Mr. J. Adekunle Tijani of the Polytechnic’s School of Business Studies; Dr. Rasheed A. Adebimpe of the School of Engineering Technology; Mr. Chris Odeyemi of the School of Environmental Studies and Dr. Babajide O. Afolayan for the School of Science and Computer Studies, while the appointment of Dr. (Mrs.) Olajumoke T. Daramola as the Acting Dean for the School of Agriculture and Agricultural Technology subsist.
Appointment of the new Deans of Schools as well as Heads, Acting Heads and Coordinators for the Academic Department, according to Adeyemi-Adejolu followed the expiration of the tenure of the previous holders of the respective offices on Thursday, 12th January, 2023 and the election held on Tuesday, 10th January, 2023 for some of the respective positions.
Similarly, the appointment of Dr. Sunday E. Olajide as the Dean of Students Affairs was recently renewed for another term of two years with effect from 1st December, 2022, while the appointment of Dr. Abayomi Olorunnisola as the Dean of the Continuing Education Centre still subsist and yet to be due.
Other Chief Lecturers in positions, who had their respective appointments renewed for another two years’ tenure included Dr. Michael K. Adu as the Director in charge of the Centre for Research, Innovation and Development with effect from 1st November, 2022 just as that of Builder Ojo S. Anifowoshe as the Coordinator, SIWES/Industrial Liaison Office.
Relatedly, a Chief Technologist, Engr. Effiong Bassey Ekanem also had his appointment renewed as the Deputy Director (Academic) for the Polytechnic’s Centre for Entrepreneurship Development and Vocational Studies (CEDVS). The renewed appointment of Engr. E.B. Ekanem is for a final term of two (2) years with retroactive effect from 1st December, 2022.
In a related development, Mrs. Folasade F. Ige has been appointed as the new Director in charge of the Directorate of Personnel and Management Services in the Establishment Registry arm of the Polytechnic. Mrs. F.F. Ige, who had since assumed duties was until her appointment and posting the Deputy Registrar and Head of Unit for the Council Affairs and General Administration in the Polytechnic.
The twenty newly elected and appointed Heads of Academic Departments are as follows:
- Dr. Olatunji A. Jimoh, Agricultural Technology;
- Dr. Mrs. O. R. Ibukun-Falayi, Accountancy;
- Dr. (Mrs.) M. O. Mukolu, Banking and Finance;
- Mr. T. O. Alabi, Languages and Communication;
- Dr. Ayo A. Dada, Liberal Studies;
- Dr. Tope S. Olowe, Marketing;
- Mr. O. M. Gbadamosi, Procurement and Supply Chain Management;
- Dr. K .E. Elegbeleye, Agric. and Bio-Environmental Engineering;
- Dr. S. Oladapo Akinkunmi, Civil Engineering;
- Engr. O. S. Adeoye, Electrical/Electronic Engineering;
- Dr. O. Oluwaseyi Adeoluwa, Mineral and Petroleum Resources Engineering;
- Arc. (Mrs.) O.T. Daramola, Architectural Technology;
- Bldr. J. O. Abass, Building Technology;
- Esv. A. A. Adewole, Estate Management and Valuation;
- Dr. D. O. Taiwo, Urban and Regional Planning;
- Dr. (Mrs.) B.I. Faluyi, Computer Science;
- Dr. S. O. Arinola, Food Technology;
- Dr. I. J. Akinruli, Glass and Ceramic Technology;
- Dr. O. S. Obafemi, Maths and Statistics;
- Dr. O. S. Tugbobo, Science Laboratory Technology.
Other Academic Staff appointed as Acting Head or Coordinators of their respective Departments are:
- Dr. Mrs. C.O. Raimi, Fisheries Technology
- Dr. Isaac K. Oyewusi, Horticultural Technology
- Mr. Joel K. Babatope, Mass Communication
- Mr. Kamil A. Olajuwon, Public Administration
- Mr. Ayo R. Olaniyi, Taxation
- Mrs. Adeola O. Oloyede, Business Administration and Management
- Dr. Emmanuel O. Ayeni, Coordinator, Library and Information Science
- Mr. Samson O. Ariba, Coordinator for Office Technology and Management
- Dr. Olusegun Adeoti, Water Resources Engineering
- Dr. Emmanuel A. Akeju, Mechatronics Engineering
- Engr. Oyebamiji I. Olabisi, Welding and Fabrication Engineering
- Bldr J. Abass Owolabi, Building Technology
- Mrs. Funmilola A. Bolade Oladepo, Quantity Surveying
- Surv. B.O. Fateye, Surveying and Geoinformatics
- Dr. Oluwatuase I. Idowu, Art and Industrial Design
- Dr. Olukayode A. Okunade, Hospitality Technology
S.A. Adeyemi-Adejolu, fnipr
Tuesday, 24th January, 2023